|Recreation Center Rules & Use Policies|
|1. Recreation Center
2. Fitness Center
- The Recreation Center is open for membership to Residents & Non-Residents of Orange Beach.
- Members must scan their ID card at the reception desk prior to entering the Recreation Center.
- Children must be at least (10) years of age to enter the facilities without adult supervision.
- Food and drinks are permitted in designated areas only.
- Profanity, destructive or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn outside of locker room areas.
- NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED IN ANY PART OF THE RECREATION CENTER.
- Behavior not respecting the above listed Policies & Procedures may result in the SUSPENSION or REVOCATION of membership or pass.
3. Aerobics/Fitness Classes
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian and closely supervised. Children ages 12 to 15 may use the Fitness Center unaccompanied only after completing a required Fitness Center equipment and safety certification class.
- Proper attire must be worn at all times (shirt, shorts or sweat pants / suits, and athletic shoes). Swimsuits are not allowed.
- Re-rack all plates, barbells, and dumbbells when finished.
- Do not remove plates or dumbbells from the Fitness Center
- Cardio equipment is reserved for those who designate on sign-up sheets. Two consecutive time reservations are prohibited.
- All participants must have a towel in their possession to wipe off equipment after use. Towels are available for sale or rent.
- Please clean perspiration from equipment after each use.
- Anyone waiting to begin a resistance training program should ask for prior instruction on the operation of fitness equipment.
- Food and drinks ARE NOT allowed in the Fitness Center (except for water in a closed bottle).
- Class fee may apply.
- Class size may be limited.
- No infants or non-participating children are allowed during class.
- To minimize the risk of injury, participants are asked to continue the class through the cool down.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult in the gym at all times.
- Food and drinks ARE NOT allowed in the gym.
- ATHLETIC SHOES ONLY in the gym. No dress, street, or other black-soled shoes are allowed.
- Profanity will not be tolerated.
- Disruptive, destructive or aggressive behavior is not allowed.
- Outside balls are not allowed. Balls may be checked out at the front desk. This is to protect the wood floors from dirt, oil, and other common outdoor debris.
|City of Orange Beach Personal Trainer Policy|
|Personal trainers are allowed to utilize the Fitness Center. However, any personal trainer that is compensated as a result of the use of the Center is required to register with the City of Orange Beach Parks and Recreation Department and adhere to the following guidelines:
Any personal trainer and/or member that hires a personal trainer that does not comply with these requirements is subject to the revocation of their membership.
- The City of Orange Beach will receive 25% of all revenues generated from the use of its equipment and facilities.
- All personal trainers must possess a valid City of Orange Beach Business License.
- All personal trainers and their clients must be current Recreation Center Members.
- All personal trainers must carry liability insurance in excess of $500,000 and list the City of Orange Beach as an "additional insured" party.
- All personal trainers must possess a current certification from (at least) one of the following sport and fitness governing organizations:
- NSCA - National Strength and Conditioning Association
- ACSM - American College of Sports Medicine
- ISSA - International Sports Sciences Association